The Intentional Endowments Network (IEN) is hosting a peer-learning roundtable for endowment trustees, CIOs, endowment staff, and other key endowment decision makers and influencers to explore the challenges and opportunities associated with integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into the investment process October 17th from 5:30-8:30pm in New York City.
The evening will be a chance for endowment CIOs and fiduciaries to connect with peers at various stages of in the process of exploring and implementing ESG investing strategies – from those who are new to these conversations, to pioneers who can share their experiences with the challenges and successes of implementing such strategies.
This event is for asset owners and allocators, by invitation. If you are interested in joining, please contact us.
Intentionally Designed Endowment - ESG Dinner
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2019
Location: New York City
Participants: Approximately 20 total; CIOs, trustees, other senior endowment and foundation decision makers and OCIOs; as well as sustainable investing experts from academia, nonprofit partners, and corporate leaders.
Purpose and Goals: The purpose of the event is to advance learning on mission-aligned, sustainable investing strategies for endowments. The desired outcomes include participants (1) learning about sustainable investing opportunities and exploring concerns around sacrificing returns or fiduciary duty; (2) coming away motivated and prepared to advance the sustainable investing strategies for their institutions; (3) creating and strengthening relationships among peers, providing networks of support for advancing this work.
Theme: How the consideration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors can drive business and investment performance
Design Format: The roundtable will be held under the Chatham House Rule, and will be interactive with ample opportunities to ask questions, share experiences; and build relationships. Dialogue will be seeded with ideas and content from brief remarks by
- Georges Dyer, Executive Director, Intentional Endowments Network
- Habib Subjally, Senior Portfolio Manager & Head Global Equities, RBC
- Ben Yeoh, Portfolio Manager, Global Equities RBC
- Caroline Flammer, associate professor of strategy and innovation at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- Nancy Mahon, SVP Global Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability, Estee Lauder
- Jessica Adelman VP, Corporate Affairs, Kroger
- Lauren Abbott, Global VP, Investor Relations, Anheuser Busch InBev
- Ezgi Barcenas, Global VP, Sustainability, Anheuser Busch InBev
A summary and brief overview of IEN's Roadmap for Intentionally Designed Endowments will be provided.
This event is generously sponsored by RBC.