This week, Barron's released a Special Report on Sustainable Investing containing 8 articles on topics ranging from how to get started in sustainable investing, the 20 most influential people in ESG investing, and a cover story on BlackRock's work in the space, highlighting CEO Larry Fink's 2018 annual letter to companies emphasizing 'positive contribution[s] to society.'
“Short-termism has been captured by the tick-tock of reporting, that’s why I’m trying to create a louder dialogue about long-termism, or the idea that a long-term Warren Buffett-like process will lead to greater sustainable returns,” Fink reports in the article. “ESG risks are going to be a formidable component of investing over a sustained period of time. We want ESG risk management to be a tool that every manager is looking at as a reference point.”
See the links below to read each article in the Barron's Special Report:
- Cover Story: Larry Fink: The New Conscience of Wall Street?
- Does Sustainable Investing Lead to Lower Returns?
- Getting Started in Sustainable Investing
- ESG Roundtable: Great for Society, Good for Investors
- The Trump Bump and Sustainable Investing
- Could ESG Become the Wrapper for All Investing?
- The 20 Most Influential People In ESG Investing
- How Jeremy Grantham Is Taking On Climate Change
- Letter From the Editor
- ESG Glossary