Endowment Value: $7.9 billion (June 2017)
Duke University is a private college, located in Durham, North Carolina. Duke's endowment is managed by DUMAC Inc.
Duke University is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Yes, Reporter
- ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral by 2024
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: Yes, The Advisory Committee of Investor Responsibility, Page 1-3
- Divestment Goal: No
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: Yes
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes, Page 4
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Practices:
Over the past several years, Duke has taken several steps to increase transparency and sustainability in their investments. They expanded their Advisory Committee on Investment Responsibility in 2013. Additionally, following the lead of a student group, Duke created a Social Choice Fund, giving donors to the endowment a socially responsible option.