Each week, the IEN posts relevant news and reports. Below you will find some news articles related to endowments and/or sustainable investing that we wish to highlight. For more, please visit the IEN news feed!
Executive Deception: Four Fallacies About Divestment, and One Big Mistake l The Chronicle of Higher Education
By Kathleen Dean Moore, October 18, 2015
- In this article, the author expresses concern that the arguments to refuse fossil fuel divestment often consist of logical fallacies.
Does Divestment Work? l The New Yorker
By William Macaskill, October 20, 2015
- The author explores contemporary divestment campaigns and their potential for good while comparing to the success of South African Divestment in the 1980s.
Faust: Step up on climate change l Harvard Gazette
October 20, 2015
- Harvard President, Drew Faust, said Tuesday that universities must play a key role in developing solutions to climate change.
By Adam Brown, October 20, 2015
- Index provider MSCI will start publicly reporting the carbon footprint of its more than 160,000 global equities indexes to meet growing demand from investors following SRI strategies worldwide, the company says.
MIT won't divest from fossil-fuel firms l Boston Globe
By Laura Krantz, October 21, 2015
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology will not shed its investments in fossil fuel companies despite calls from some students, faculty, and activists, the college said Wednesday in announcing a five-year campus blueprint to confront climate change.
By Mindy Lubber, October 22, 2015
- Eighty-on companies recently signed the American Business Act on Climate pledge.
- This weeks Bloomberg Brief discusses increased concern over climate risk in investments.