Endowment Value: $193.6 million (June 2018)
Pratt Institute is a private college, located in Brooklyn, New York. Pratt Institute has shown strong support for sustainability-related issues at the local and national level, as well as within the art, design, and higher education communities.
Pratt was one of the earliest signatories to the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment (now known as the Climate Leadership Commitments) in 2007. That same year, the Institute accepted New York City Mayor Bloomberg’s 30/10 Challenge to reduce greenhouse gases by 30 percent by 2017 and has been named one of the country’s most environmentally responsible colleges by The Princeton Review for several consecutive years.
While Pratt does not have an official Committee on Investor Responsibility, it does have a Sub-Committee on Investments which in 2016 recommended and approved to divest from coal equities immediately and other fossil fuels over time.
Pratt Institute is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- IEN Founding Member
- AASHE STARS: Yes
- ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral By 2040
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: Yes
- Divestment Goal: Yes, Statement on Fossil Fuel Investment Policy
- Committee for Investor Responsibility: No
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: No
- Sustainable Investment Policy: No
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Practices: