Below you will find news from the week of January 11th. You can always find more on the IEN newsfeed!
BlackRock expands ESG product range with fixed income ETF l Wealth Manager
By Joshua Thurston, January 11, 2016
- BlackRock has launched a sustainable bond exchange traded fund (ETF), in response to increased demand for socially responsible investing.
Bloomberg Brief l Sustainable Finance
January 14, 2015
- This weeks Bloomberg Brief discusses green bonds, BlackRock's new strides towards sustainability, and corporate responsibility.
ESG & Fiduciary Duty
Socially-conscious investing gets a boost from the DOL fiduciary rule l Investment News
By Blaine F. Aikin, January 13, 2016
- This article reviews the DOL's ruling in 2015 on fiduciary duty, and the result it will likely have on environmental, societal, and governance factors when investing.
By Sarah Berman, January 12, 2016
- America's thundering gun debate sparks a new financial frontier.
By Mara Schiffren, January 13, 2015
- The nexus between boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) and Black Lives Matter activists that began with the 2014 protests following the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri culminated in a recent panel discussion at Columbia University.
Penn State forms Ad Hoc Committee to consider fossil fuel divestment l The Daily Pennsylvanian
By Cherry Zhi, January 14, 2015
- Almost a year after the Nominations & Elections Committee held an undergraduate referendum on fossil fuel divestment, Penn is forming an ad hoc committee to further consider the issue.