Each week, the IEN posts relevant news and reports. Below you will find some news articles related to endowments and/or sustainable investing that we wish to highlight. For more, please visit the IEN news feed!
DOL Issues New Guidance on Economically Targeted Investments l The National Law Review
November 6, 2015
- The guidance clarifies that environmental, social, and governance factors may be relevant to a plan fiduciary’s evaluation of an investment’s economic merits.
Divestment & Climate Risk
By Marc Gunther, November 11, 2015
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the University of California and the World Council of Churches are among about 460 faith-based groups, pension funds, colleges and nonprofits that have pledged to divest some or all of their fossil fuel holdings. They can do so with the help of consultants who will advise them on how to minimize their financial risk.
By Marilyn Schairer, November 11, 2015
- MIT Professor Maria Zuber discusses with WGBH Morning Edition host Bob Seay the Institutes plan to confront climate change, and student/faculty demands to divest from fossil fuel companies.
Dayton divestment conference delves into ways to leave fossil fuels behind l National Catholic Reporter
By Leo J. Schenk, November 12, 2015
- A contingent of business leaders, health care professionals, academics and environmental activists from around the country gathered here at the University of Dayton in early November to delve into the concept of divestment from fossil fuels.
By Maria Gallucci, November 12, 2015
- Etho Capital is preparing to launch a diversified exchange-traded fund that excludes fossil fuel producers and favors "carbon efficient" companies.
A Guide to Sustainable Investing l The Wall Street Journal
By Alex Davidson, November 8, 2015
- What are you actually getting when you put your money into a sustainable investment? And how do you know the mutual fund or ETF with the “sustainable” label fulfills its promise?
Bloomberg Brief -- Sustainable Finance l November 12, 2015
- This weeks Bloomberg Brief discusses the decline in coal consumption and the investment implications of Exxon's denial of climate change.
Responsible Investing no longer means accepting lower returns l The Globe and Mail
By Susan Smith, November 12, 2015
- This article exemplifies how responsible investing can be profitable through the story of a Ms. Gail Taylor, who choose to align her professional life with her personal values.
Other Endowment News
By Sonali Basak and Michael McDonald, November 9, 2015
- Perella Weinberg Partners hired Jameela Pedicini from Harvard University to help lead expansion into environmental, social and governance investing strategies at the firm’s asset-management business.