Women and girls represent half of the world’s population and therefore also half of its potential. But, today gender inequality persists everywhere and stagnates social progress. Advancing gender equality is critical to all areas of a healthy society, from reducing poverty to promoting the health, education, protection and the well-being of girls and boys. Read more about this goal here.
Webinar: Gender Lens Investing: The Business Case, Opportunities, and Action | Intentional Endowments Network, February 17, 2017
Articles, White Papers and Other Resources on Gender Equality & Gender Lens Investing:
- Gender Lens Investing: Strategies for Families | The ImPact, March, 2018
- SDG Webinar Series: Gender Equality l Responsible Investor, May, 2017
- Women in Finance: Where in the World is Gender Equality Gaining Ground? l Bloomberg Reports, March, 2017
- A Rare Corner of Finance Where Women Dominate l The New York Times, January, 2017
- The Gender Advantage: Integrating Gender Diversity Into Investment Decisions l Morgan Stanley, 2016
- The Impact of Gender Diversity: An Introduction to SPDR SSGA Gender Diversity Index ETF (SHE) l State Street Global Advisors, August, 2016
- Investing for Positive Impact on Women l Croatan Institute, Global Fund for Women, Root Capital, Thirty Percent Coalition, and Trillium Asset Management, November 2015
With an Eye to Impact, Investing Through a ‘Gender Lens’ l New York Times, August, 2015
- 2014 Catalyst Census:Women Board Directors l Catalyst, January, 2015
- A Review of Global Trends: Gender Diversity on Boards l ISS, September, 2014
State Street Global Advisors installed a bronze statue of a defiant girl in front of Wall Street's iconic charging bull statue on March 7th, 2017 as part of its new campaign to pressure companies to add more women to their boards. Read more about the statue here.