Investors around the world have been demonstrating the full potential of the private sector by aligning their investments through a variety of strategies including ESG integration, impact investing, and shareholder engagement to drive progress in areas such as gender equality, responsible supply chain management, and clean energy.
These areas very clearly line up with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and investors are now exploring how by utilizing the SDGs as an investment framework, their investment strategies can contribute to this global effort. The following resources are intended to offer a starting point for investors interested in aligning their investment strategies with the SDGs. For more information and to view resources by SDG, click here.
Articles, White Papers and Other Resources on the Role of Investment in Achieving the SDGs:
- The Paris Agreement in the Investment Policy: Sample Language for Integrating the Goals of the Paris Climate Agreement into an IPS l Intentional Endowments Network, June 2017
- Considerations for ESG Policy Development l Intentional Endowments Network, June 2017
- SDG Webinar Series: Overview l Responsible Investor, April, 2017
- Higher Education, Endowments & The Paris Agreement: Summary of the Intentional Endowments Network 2016 Strategic Planning Summit l Intentional Endowments Network, April, 2017
SDG Impact Theme Framework | Toniic, March, 2017
- SDG Philanthropy Platform: Helping Philanthropy Engage in the Global Development Agenda l SDG Funders
- Building Highways to SDG Investing l Dutch Financial Sector, December, 2016
- Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: The Role of Impact Investing l Global Impact Investing Network, September 2016