By Ruth Mccambridge, December 7, 2015
- The campaign to divest from private prisons is asking both public and private entities to dump their holdings in Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) and GEO Group, America’s largest private prison corporations.
University of Massachusetts Fund Manager to Divest Coal Holdings l The Chronicle of Philanthropy
December 4, 2015
- The UMass Foundation, which oversees the University of Massachusetts system's $770 million endowment, said Thursday that it will cease direct investment in coal companies
SUNY ESF to divest from fossil fuel investments l Local Syracuse
December 3, 2015
- SUNY ESF is divesting itself from any investments in the top 200 fossil fuel companies as set forth by the international environmental group 350.org.
December 2, 2015
- SPDR S&P 500 Fossil Fuel Free ETF Provides Core Equity Exposure to Investors Seeking Divestment from Fossil Fuel Reserves.
Stanford students end five-day sit-in for divestment from oil, gas companies l Palo Alto Online
By Bay City News Service, November 20, 2015
- Stanford University students and supporters held a rally Friday culminating a five-day sit-in calling for the college's divestment from the fossil fuel industry.
Dayton divestment conference delves into ways to leave fossil fuels behind l National Catholic Reporter
By Leo J. Schenk, November 12, 2015
- A contingent of business leaders, health care professionals, academics and environmental activists from around the country gathered here at the University of Dayton in early November to delve into the concept of divestment from fossil fuels.
How to free your investment portfolio from fossil fuels l The Guardian
By Marc Gunther, November 11, 2015
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the University of California and the World Council of Churches are among about 460 faith-based groups, pension funds, colleges and nonprofits that have pledged to divest some or all of their fossil fuel holdings. They can do so with the help of consultants who will advise them on how to minimize their financial risk.
By Marilyn Schairer, November 11, 2015
- MIT Professor Maria Zuber discusses with WGBH Morning Edition host Bob Seay the Institutes plan to confront climate change, and student/faculty demands to divest from fossil fuel companies.
Obama Rejects Construction of Keystone KL Oil Pipeline l The New York Times
By Coral Davenport, November 6, 2015
- President Obama announced that he has rejected the request from a Canadian company to build the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
By Diana Lederman, November 4, 2015
- The University of Massachusetts Fossil Fuel Divestment Campaign is planning to attend the UMass trustee meeting at UMass Lowell.