The New School is a private research university located in New York City, New York. The endowment is managed by the Office of Investment, Treasury Operations, and Risk Management.
In 2009, the board of trustees established the Advisory Committee on Investor Responsibility. The role of the ACIR is to advise the board of trustees on ESG issues related to The New School’s endowment and to develop ESG investing principles related to human rights, labor practices, environmental protection, equity, diversity, discrimination, and corporate disclosure. In 2012, The New School adopted the Sustainability Proxy Voting Guidelines, which established standards against which the Investment Committee could evaluate its investments in regards to ESG factors.
The New School is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Yes, Silver (expired)
- ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral by 2040
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: Yes
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: Yes, The Advisory Committee for Investor Responsibility
- Divestment Goal: Yes, Full
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: No
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No