Endowment Value: $363 million (June 2017)
Located in Durham, New Hampshire, UNH considers sustainability to be a "university-wide endeavor". They promote to their students that it is important to "balance the values of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic vitality to meet our present needs and ensure the ability of future generations will meet their needs."
University of New Hampshire is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
AASHE STARS: Yes, Platinum
ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral By 2099
Billion Dollar Green Challenge: Yes
Committee for Investor Responsibility: Yes
Divestment Goal: No
Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
Sustainable Investment Fund: No
Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes
Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Resources, Practices and News:
Sustainable Investing at UNH | University of New Hampshire Website
- Part of UNH's investment pool is comprised of ESG-targeted assets and ESG-screened active and passive (index) funds, in order to achieve better operational performance, innovation, and risk management within their investments.
Panel: An Introduction to The IEN Roadmap & How The University of New Hampshire Intentionally Invests l Intentional Endowments Network and WISE, May 2019
- At the event, we heard University of New Hampshire stakeholders describe the why’s and how’s of the journey they are on to align investments with their campus-wide sustainability goals.
Q&A Series: Making an ESG Impact Through Public Fixed Income l Intentional Endowments Network, April 2019
- In this Q&A article, IEN approached industry experts to gain insight on opportunities and trends within the sector and how managers and asset owners measure the impact of their investments.
Q&A Series: The Power and Impact of Community Investing l Intentional Endowments Network, September 2018
- In this Q&A article, IEN approached specialists within the Community Investing space to get their perspectives on the value of Community Investing, understanding how to incorporate such investments in one's portfolio and how to truly make an impact regardless of varying levels of assets under management.
Article: Feature School - University of New Hampshire l Intentional Endowments Network, Quarterly Newsletter, July 2018
- This feature article in IEN's newsletter discusses the UNH Foundation's commitment to sustainable investing and UNH's history of sustainability and sustainable investing.
Panel: What Might Community Investing look Like for a College Endowment? l Intentional Endowments Network, Community Investing Roundtable, June 2018
On this panel, Kate Dumas (Principal/Consultant, Prime Buchholz) invited Erik Gross (Board Treasurer, UNH Foundation) and John Hamilton (Vice President of Economic Opportunity, New Hampshire Community Loan Fund) to illustrate what community investing might look like for a college endowment. Both gave accounts on how their partnership came to be and how the two institutions are working together to create resilient communities in New Hampshire.