The University of Oregon is a public research university located in Eugene, Oregon. Its endowment of $758.7 million is managed by the University of Oregon Foundation.
In the Fall of 2016, the UO FOundation announced it would begin transitioning away from fossil fuel investments. "We believe that green-energy initiatives — such as solar and wind power, sustainable forestry, and organic farming — will steadily replace investments in carbon-based fuel sources, and we do not have any investments in coal,” said UO Foundation Chief Investment Officer, Jay Namyet.
The University of Oregon is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Gold
- ACUPCC: Climate Neutral by 2050
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: No
- INCR: No
- Divestment Goal: Yes
- Montreal Carbon Pledge:
- Sustainable Investment Fund: No
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes, a one paragraph section indicating the Board 'supports the practice of incorporating environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) factors'
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No