Endowment Value: $775 million (June 2017)
The University of Oregon is a public research university located in Eugene, Oregon. The University of Oregon manages the endowment.
In the Fall of 2016, the UO Foundation announced it would begin transitioning away from fossil fuel investments. "We believe that green-energy initiatives — such as solar and wind power, sustainable forestry, and organic farming — will steadily replace investments in carbon-based fuel sources, and we do not have any investments in coal," said UO Foundation Chief Investment Officer, Jay Namyet.
The University of Oregon is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Yes, Gold
- ACUPCC: No
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: No
- INCR: No
- Divestment Goal: Yes
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: No
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes, a one paragraph section indicating the Board 'supports the practice of incorporating environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) factors'
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Practices and News: