Endowment Value: $1.08 billion (June 2016)
The University of Utah's endowment has experienced steady growth while being managed by the Investment Advisory Committee. The university itself does not provide a set figure for the total value of the endowment, but outside sources estimate the endowment to be worth $1.08 billion.
The University of Utah is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Yes, Silver
- ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral by 2050
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: Yes
- CDP: No
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: Yes
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: Yes, see below
- Sustainable Investment Policy: No
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Practices:
The social choice fund at the University of Utah strictly avoids companies in the industries of tobacco, alcohol, firearms, gambling, military weapons, and nuclear power. They also evaluate this fund based on environmental stewardship, human rights, and other ESG criteria.