Webinar: Transitioning to Integrating Investment Practices with Program Mission
Date: 10/19 at 1:00-2:00pm EST
Co-hosted by the Intentional Endowments Network (IEN) and the Network for Sustainable Financial Markets (SFM), this webinar will provide an overview of processes used by the Heron Foundation and Hampshire College to develop investment policies and implement management practices that align investments with their respective institutional missions.
- Clara Miller, President, Heron Foundation
- David Dinerman, Trustee, Hampshire College
- Moderator: Keith Johnson, Chair, Institutional Investor Services Group, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
In 2012 Heron first declared its quest to deploy 100 percent of its investment capital toward its poverty-fighting mission. Since then, under Clara Miller's leadership, the Foundation has become a leading voice advancing impact investing. In early 2016, Miller published an essay titled "Building a Foundation for the 21st Century," in which she argues the philanthropic sector should make use of all of its resources to actively engage with the capital markets for the public good.
Related materials to review in preparation for this webinar:
- Heron Foundation's Investment Policy Statement
- Hampshire College's Investment Policy Statement
- Clara Miller's essay: "Building a Foundation for the 21st Century"
- Case Study: Expanding Philanthropy: Mission-Related Investing at the F.B. Heron Foundation