Sustainable Finance in Troubling Times: Five Actions to Prevent a Crisis | Qrius
- A professor of sustainable finance at LSE’s Grantham Research Institute discusses macro trends in sustainable investment, and lays out recommendations for what financiers and policymakers can do to fend off threats – and, more than that, to align investments with the zero-carbon, resilient and inclusive development model of the next decade.
Investment Report Highlights SDGs as Improvement over ESG Framework | SDG Knowledge Hub
A new report from 17 Asset Management aims to help translate the SDGs into an “actionable investment strategy,” presenting a process for building an investment strategy that aligns with the SDGs. The report highlights early adopters of SDG investing, including select endowments, insurance companies, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds.
Impact Investing Trends in 2019 Include Greater Focus On Gender | Forbes
- This article summarizes 11 distinct new trends in impact investing in 2019, as observed by a panel of 50 thought leaders and practitioners.
Jeff Gitterman: Why ESG Is at a Turning Point | Barron’s
- Interview with Queens-born Jeff Gitterman, 54, a well-regarded advisor, former radio host and experienced meditator who has converted his own practice to ESG, about the hype surrounding ESG, why the market is “ignoring the government,” and why advisors should get off the sidelines.
Don’t Forget About Investors’ Interest in Social and Governance Issues | National Association of Plan Advisors
- According to Allianz Life’s “ESG Investor Sentiment Study,” when asked about the importance of a variety of ESG topics in deciding whether to invest in a company, around 70% of American consumers cited each of the three main categories - environmental concerns like natural resource conservation or a company’s carbon footprint, social issues such as working conditions of employees or racial/gender equality, and governance topics like transparency of business practices and finances, or level of executive compensation - as being significant in their decision making.
Fund Buyers Seeking Alpha in ESG Investments | Investor Daily
- The Natixis Investment Managers global survey of 200 fund buyers – those responsible for selecting funds included on private bank, insurance, fund-of-fund and other retail platforms – found that two-thirds (67 per cent) of fund buyers surveyed said they agreed that including ESG factors will be standard practice for all investment managers within five years.
Providers Look to End the ESG Performance Debate | PlanSponsor
- It may take some time for the retirement industry in the U.S. to fully embrace ESG as a positive-performance factor, but this piece argues it’s already a best practice to think about ESG from a risk-management perspective.
Cost of Passive ESG Investments Falling | Investment News
- This summary of a recent webcast points out that with increasing sophistication and decreasing cost of ESG investment products, advisers have an opportunity to reach millennial investors, many of whom reject the notion that ESG should mean sacrificing performance.
Sustainable Investing Will Dominate Next Decade | Markets Media
- This article summarizes the discussion at the Innovate Finance Global Summit in London, with observations from BlackRock’s head of Europe, Middle East and Africa Rachel Lord, Bank of England governor Mark Carney, and others about the evolution of sustainable investing.
ESG-based Investing Is Here to Stay, Say Executives | Institutional Asset Manager
- At S&P Global Ratings' ESG Evaluation launch ceremony, leaders note that assets invested in line with ESG-related strategies reached $30 trillion last year, and this total looks set to surge as millennial investors – who, according to a Morgan Stanley study, are nearly twice as likely to invest in companies and funds that meet their environmental and social values -- are reportedly set to inherit an estimated $30 trillion in wealth in the coming years.
Understanding ESG Investment - The Legal Considerations For Pension Scheme Trustees | Mondaq
- The Irish Pension Magazine discusses legal considerations for pensions scheme trustees of integrating Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance investment factors, based on European Union directives and national law.