Webinar: Mission-Aligned Investing: What New Positive Deviance Research Can Tell Us About What Moves Institutional Investors to Action
Date: March 15, 2017, 12:00 - 1:00 PM ET
- Research findings related to mission-aligned investing, leadership, and the decision-making process to divest from fossil fuels by philanthropic organizations with assets under management from $5 million to $1 billion
- What factors supported decision makers in moving to mission-aligned investing while simultaneously exercising their fiduciary duty to steward institutional assets
- How the divestment decision affected the decision makers personally and their organizations
- Abigail Abrash Walton, PhD
- Moderator: Jacquelyn Smith, Senior Fellow, Intentional Endowments Network
Abigail Abrash Walton, PhD Abigail is a seasoned mission-aligned change leader, with experience at multiple scales including organizational, municipal, state, federal, and international. She serves as faculty in Antioch University New England’s Department of Environmental Studies, where she directs the Advocacy for Social Justice and Sustainability master’s degree concentration and co-directs Antioch’s Center for Climate Preparedness and Community Resilience. Her public engagement, research, and teaching focus on change leadership and translating values into effective action, particularly regarding environmental and social performance. She enjoys the spirit and practice of innovation and has played a central role in launching Antioch’s Conservation Psychology Institute and Translating Research to Inform Policy workshops and in catalyzing a national-level working group to build the capacity of scientists and researchers to engage with the public policy process. Read more...