Calvert Research and Management
Calvert Research and Management (Calvert) is a global leader in responsible investing. Calvert manages one of the largest and most diversified suites of responsibly invested strategies, encompassing active and passively managed equity, income, alternative and multi-asset approaches. With roots in responsible investing dating back to 1982, the firm seeks to generate competitive investment returns for clients by allocating capital consistent with environmental, social and governance best practices and through structured engagement. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Calvert manages assets on behalf of funds, individuals, and institutional separate account clients.
Resources from Calvert:
- Evaluating the Glass Ceiling: Understanding and Unlocking the Value in Gender Equity l Calvert Research and Management, June 2019
Emerging markets-focused hedge fund ESG to separate from Carlyle
Morningstar’s Top Funds For Responsible, Sustainable Investing
Black Rock Launches BlackRock Impact Fund
Morgan Stanley integrates sustainable investing strategies in multiple ways across the organization, including through the Institute for Sustainable Investing, the Investing with Impact platform, its Graystone Consulting practice, and by integrating ESG in is investment management business. See the links below for more details.
- Climate Change and Fossil Fuel Aware Investing Primer
- Morgan Stanley Investing with Impact
- Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Morgan Stanley Graystone Consulting
- Climate Impact: Understanding Vulnerability as the Missing Piece in the Climate Risk Puzzle | April 2020
- Sustainable Signals: Growth and Opportunity in Asset Management and Web Infographic | January 2019
- Protecting Real Assets Amid Climate Extremes and Weathering the Storm: Integrating Climate Resilience Into Real Asset Investing | September 2018
- Sustainable Signals: New Data from the Individual Investor | August 2017
Click here to learn more about Morgan Stanley's Institute for Sustainable Investing
Global X Launches ESG equity ETF
NatureVest is the impact investment unit of The Nature Conservancy. NatureVest's mission is to create and transact investable deals that deliver conservation results and financial returns for investors.
First-of-Its-Kind Report Finds $23 Billion Global Market for Investing in Conservation, $2 Billion from Private Investors
Osmosis Investment Management
Osmosis is an investment manager that uses in depth primary research to identify high quality listed companies. At their core, they believe that the market values sustainable behaviors.
Seamans Capital Management
At Seamans Capital Management, our mission is to provide more return with less risk through sustainability-focused investments. To meet the demands of a technologically-driven future and contribute to societal stability, we believe it is important to support investments that will provide strong financial returns while enabling environmental vitality. We envision a global society, wherein individuals are free to maximize their personal development, while simultaneously contributing to a world civilization, rooted in economic stability, and wise stewardship of the earth’s resources.
In 2013, our macro research identified “early adapter opportunities” in the transition from a carbon-based era to a technology-based era; and so began our journey of investing, on a personal basis in clean tech. We consciously decided to fund, with our own resources, the growth of the firm, until there emerged a new stability of investment opportunities in what some are calling the Integral Era.
Resources from Seamans Capital Management:
- Lessons Learned in Clean Energy (June, 2016)
- Global Financial Markets Outlook (December, 2016)
Fresh Source Capital
Fresh Source Capital is an investment firm focused on sustainable food and agriculture. They work to invest in companies who are "rebuilding local, regional food systems". Their goal is the increase demand for local, sustainably sourced food for both individuals and institutions.