Globally, Mercer is the largest investment consultant and delegated services (OCIO) provider, with over $15 trillion in assets under advisement (as at 6/30/2020) and over $300 billion in assets under management (as at 9/30/2020).
Mercer helped shape the PRI’s original principles and was a founding signatory in 2006. Mercer’s dedicated Responsible Investment team, formed in 2004, operates alongside our core investment consultants to deliver integrated responsible investment solutions to a wide range of institutional investors, including endowments, foundations, healthcare, and faith-based clients. We support our clients in incorporating ESG integration, impact investing, stewardship, and screening, based on a client’s financial objectives and organizational mission.
Climate Change Research and Solutions:
- Aiming for a Net-Zero Target (2020)
- Investing in a Time of Climate Change: The Sequel (2019)
- Green Shoots in China (2020)
- Moving to 3G (2020)
Contact the US Responsible Investment team:
Morgan Stanley integrates sustainable investing strategies in multiple ways across the organization, including through the Institute for Sustainable Investing, the Investing with Impact platform, its Graystone Consulting practice, and by integrating ESG in is investment management business. See the links below for more details.
- Climate Change and Fossil Fuel Aware Investing Primer
- Morgan Stanley Investing with Impact
- Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Morgan Stanley Graystone Consulting
- Climate Impact: Understanding Vulnerability as the Missing Piece in the Climate Risk Puzzle | April 2020
- Sustainable Signals: Growth and Opportunity in Asset Management and Web Infographic | January 2019
- Protecting Real Assets Amid Climate Extremes and Weathering the Storm: Integrating Climate Resilience Into Real Asset Investing | September 2018
- Sustainable Signals: New Data from the Individual Investor | August 2017
Open call for research: Aligning Investment Portfolios with a Low Carbon Economy l Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition
A Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition Prize supported by Trucost and SWF RI
Submission deadline: August 31, 2016
Research grant details:
- A €12,500 grant
- 2 years access to theTrucost academic platform,
- To be awarded at the UNEP FI Global Roundtable in Dubai, October 25, 2016
Trucost works with companies, investors, governments, academics, and thought leaders to understand and identify natural capital dependency and how it affects companies, products, supply chains and investments. They work to research and teach how to manage risk for "volatile commodity prices and increasing environmental costs".
Sustainalytics is a data provider for investors and financial institutions globally. They specialize in Responsible Investment and Socially Responsible Investment. They provide cutting edge ESG research and analysis, with a global perspective including emerging markets.
MSCI is an independent provider of research- driven insights and tools for institutional investors. MSCI is committed to sustainability and transparency in financial markets. MSCI ESG research is an in depth analysis of the environmental, social and governance-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide. Their institutional investor clients use this research to achieve their responsible investment objectives.
Publications and Other Resources from MSCI:
- ESG investing in emerging markets (February 2020)
Fossil Fuel Divestment: A Practical Introduction (September 2016)
Towards Sustainable Impact Through Public Markets (April 2016)
Income Inequality and the Intracorporate Pay Gap (April 2016)
MSCI Reports Carbon Footprint of Indexes (September 2015)
Cambridge Associates is a global investment firm that builds diversified portfolios while considering mission-related investing. Cambridge service offerings include outsourcing & discretionary management, advisory services, and investment offices tools & services.
- Understanding the World of Impact Investing
Aperio is a 'research-based investment management firm specializing in hyper-customized portfolios designed to meet the specific goals and values of advisors and their clients'. Aperio works to customize portfolios to unique social, environmental, and governance values.
Aperio’s Socially Responsive Indexing is a way that this particular investment firm works with each client to define their social and ethical investment choices. Through this process, Aperio builds customized portfolios that are based on each client's core beliefs and social philosophy.