August 16, 2023 | 1 pm ET
Despite political headwinds, there were a number of successes during the 2023 proxy voting season, including proposals on climate transition and emissions reduction plans to improve financial performance. Proxy voting and shareholder engagement around climate issues continues to create real impact at investee companies, a fact that continues to move institutional investors to choose this tack to advance their sustainability goals.
In this IEN webinar, member institution Arizona State University shares how they're advancing their net zero portfolio commitment through shareholder engagement, including collaboration utilizing proxy voting service As You Vote and direct corporate engagement on greater policy lobbying disclosures. ASU will be joined by TIAA, who will discuss their long-term engagement strategy on net zero goals and sustainability measures.
- Best practices for shareholder engagement from an institutional investor and a manager
- How to integrate sustainability goals, including a net zero commitment, into shareholder engagement efforts
- How the new universal proxy card rules will affect institutional investors looking to promote equity and diversity in portfolio companies.
- Megan Ahern - Senior Analyst, Responsible Investing, TIAA / Nuveen
- Anthony Garcia - Director of Responsible Investing, TIAA / Nuveen
- Jeff Mindlin - Vice President of Investments, ASU Enterprise Partners