Arizona State University (ASU), located in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, pursues sustainability in both internal and external initiatives. This case study discusses the University's move toward sustainable investing, a decision that was informed by the ability of sustainable investing strategies to provide another layer of investment analysis, allowing the Foundation to fulfill its fiduciary duty while aligning with the university’s values and sustainability leadership.
Read the full case study here.
This case study was developed by the Intentional Endowments Network staff with significant input from the senior leadership from Arizona State University and their investment advisors at BlackRock. Special thanks to the authors and contributors (in alphabetical order):
- Virginia DeSanto, CPA and CGMA, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, ASU Enterprise Partners
- Alice DonnaSelva, Principal, Intentional Endowments Network
- Christina Drexler, Intern, Intentional Endowments Network & Student, Yale University ‘18
- Jeff Mindlin, CFA, Vice President of Investments, ASU Enterprise Partners
- Nicole Torrico, Program Manager, Intentional Endowments Network