Endowment Value: $77,174,529 (June 2018)
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB is a public university in Long Beach, California. It is the third largest school within the 23-school California State University system (CSU) and has a student body of almost 40,000. The California State University 49er Foundation manages the endowment which is then overseen by the Board of Directors.
According to its Socially Responsible Investment Policy, “the 49er Foundation seeks to invest in well-managed corporations providing beneficial goods and services that align with the University’s values of diversity, sustainability and innovation.” the Foundation also encourages its Outsourced Chief Investment Officers (OCIO) and investment managers to incorporate ESG analysis in the review of investment risk and opportunities.
Since 2011, CSULB has been a proud signatory of the American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC). The administration has taken significant action to reduce the University’s carbon footprint and pursue its goal of carbon neutrality by 2030. For example, CSULB’s Climate Action Plan, Water Action Plan, Strategic Energy Plan, Landscape Master Plan, all serve as roadmaps to achieve its goals from multiple angles.
Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Yes, Silver
- ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral by 2030
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: No
- Divestment Goal: No
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: No
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Practices:
- 49er Socially Responsible Investment Policy
- CSULB Sustainability Plans and Commitments
- California State University - Long Beach Sustainability