Giving Tuesday is Here!
We are participating in the global generosity day, #GivingTuesday, for the first time to raise $5000 that will help us get more endowments investing their money for climate and social justice.
We believe that higher education institutions are influential actors with the power to drive systemic change. You can help us get endowed institutions to mobilize their capital for an equitable, low carbon and regenerative economy by funding our operational needs. Are you with us?
Endowments have a unique opportunity where doing the right thing for the climate – reducing their exposure to stranded carbon asset risk, and investing solutions – is also the smart thing for their investment portfolios.
– Bob Litterman, Chair, Risk Committee Kepos Capital LP
Over the past few years, IEN has become a robust and active network of higher education leaders, nonprofit partners, financial industry practitioners, and other key stakeholders, working together to find the most strategic and effective ways to approach endowment investing in the context of 21st century sustainability challenges. We moved from
- 77 members in 2015 to 192 members in 2020
- 20 publications in 2-15 to 92 resources in 2020
- 14 events in 2015 to 55 join convenings in 2020
So far ...
- We've coordinated 7 Working Groups and initiatives focused on Shareholder Engagements, DEIJ, Net Zero Initiative, Sustainable Retirement and Next Generation of Sustainable Investors (SIILK)
- 5 foundations and 31 companies provided core funding to support sustainable investing initiatives in 2020 and many more have divested their investment from fossil fuel and committed to Net Zero portfolios in the past few months
- As of April 2021, the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative triple in size - now, over $32 trillion (36% of the global total) are managed by firms committed to the goal of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 or sooner.
Learn more about our network impact
We want to get more endowments investing for systemic change and need your support to achieve that goal. Help us meet our goal by donating Today!
Thank you for making a difference. Feel free to download and share any of the following posters on social media with a your #ImpactGiving story.