Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) is the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to ISS to apply their corporate governance views, identify environmental, social and governance (ESG) risk, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
ISS-Ethix delivers comprehensive solutions for responsible investing that enable investors to integrate ESG into their investment processes, inform company engagements, and serve as active owners. ISS-Ethix areas of focus include developing RI policies; research, monitoring and assessing company ESG performance; and conducting topic and best practice focused research. Research and screening services include norm-based research, controversial weapons screening, global sanctions screening, sector-based screening, fund screening, and more.
Resources from ISS:
- Mainstream Investors Using Vote to Address Climate Risks (January, 2018)
- Benchmarking Business and Human Rights
- European and U.S. Asset Owners’ Approaches to ESG
- Firearms Divestment | State of Play And Implications For Investors
- Case Study: Using ISS QualityScore to Identify “Outlier” Boards
- Cluster Munitions, Anti-Personnel Mines, and Biological, Chemical, and Nuclear Weapons: Where They are Still in Production, Who is Making Them, and What is Next
- The Iran Nuclear Deal: Iran sanctions create a complex outlook for investors looking to comply with U.S. state-level sanctions requirements
- Impact of Disclosure Regulation on Forced Labour: Human rights and supply chain due diligence in a changing regulatory landscape