In this candid conversation with leaders, Tamara Larsen moderated a discussion for investors who aim to address the economic effects brought on by social inequities. Based on the action steps outlined in IEN's Racial Equity Investing - Primer for Endowments, panelists Kunle Apampa, Dorian Burton, and Habib Moudachirou join to explored key considerations for racial equity investing and practical steps for investing with a JEDI lens beyond allocating to diverse managers. This event focused on ways to monitor and manage impact metrics for racial equity investing and practical steps endowments can take to define investing with a justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) lens.
- IEN Racial Equity Investing Primer
- Knight Foundation, Diversity in Asset Managers Research Series, Higher Education Interim Release
- Knight Foundation, Diversity in Asset Managers Research Series, Industry
- McKinsey Research Trilogy - Why Diversity Matters (2015), Delivering Through Diversity (2018) and Diversity Wins (2020)
- V-Square - Diversity, What’s in it for Investors? (2021)
- ISS ESG US Diversity Index - Ticker is ISSDIVUT Index – See Brochure here. https://www.issgovernance.com/esg/index-solutions/
- ISS ESG Unveils Proprietary Indices for Diversity and Governance
- Cornell Academic Paper - What Drives Racial Diversity on U.S. Corporate Boards?
Tamara Larsen, (Moderator) Partner at Mercer and US ESG Investments Practice Leader
Kunle Apampa, Director and Head of Client Advisory & Partnership, Capricorn
Dorian Burton, Managing Partner, The Southern Reconstruction Fund
Habib Moudachirou, Co-Founder, Chief Investment Officer, V-Square Quantitative Management