Don Gould, trustee and chair of the investment committee at Pitzer College, published an article in the Chronicle of Higher Education the other day outlining their rationale for divesting from fossil fuels.
He shares their responses to some of the most common concerns regarding divestment, including those related to:
- Fiduciary duty & financial performance
- Impact on fossil fuel companies
- Hypocrisy of continuing to use fossil fuels
- Sacrificing investment returns
- Commingled funds
- Politicizing the endowment
Regardless of your views on divestment, the piece is well worth the read. It is available here.
Do you like this post?