The Intentional Endowments Network has welcomed Tim Coffin, Head of Strategic Partnerships Sustainability Committee Chair at Breckinridge, to its Net Zero Endowments Steering Committee
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS (January 19, 2023) – The Intentional Endowments Network has named Tim Coffin as the latest addition to its Net Zero Endowments Initiative Steering Committee.
Mr. Coffin is currently Head of Strategic Partnerships at Breckinridge and chairs the Sustainability Committee. He has led the introduction of Breckinridge’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) capabilities to clients and primarily works with the consultant relations team. He brings over 35 years of fixed income experience and years of sustainability work to the Net Zero Steering Committee.
“The convening power of the intentional endowments network is an indispensable resource for endowments and their stakeholders who are addressing financially material risks and opportunities in the evolving transition to a low carbon economy. I’m grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the conversation.” Said Tim Coffin, Head of Strategic Partnerships Sustainability Committee Chair at Breckinridge
Before joining Breckinridge, Mr.Coffin was a vice president at Fidelity Investments. Previously, he managed the sales and marketing teams and subsequently served as president of Corby Capital Markets Inc.
The Intentional Endowments Network’s Net Zero Initiative convenes and supports endowments in learning about Net Zero Portfolios, making commitments, and participating in shareholder engagement efforts to get portfolio companies onto decarbonization pathways aligned with the 1.5 degree C warming target of the Paris Climate Agreement. Mr. Coffin joins a diverse group of leaders from endowments, nonprofits and investment firms who currently serve on IEN’s Net Zero Endowments Steering Committee:
- Madeline Clark, Associate Investment Director, Sustainable & Impact Investing, Cambridge Associates
- Grace Eddy, Director, Generation Foundation
- Sheldon Gen, Investment Committee Chair, San Francisco State University Foundation
- Tracy Gray, Trustee, CSU Dominguez Hills Foundation
- Kelly Green, Financial Advisor, Institutional Consultant, Graystone Consulting
- Meredith Heimburger & Pedro Henriques da Silva, Principal, Global Endowment Management (GEM)
- Cornelia Horner, Strategic Initiatives and Communications Lead, the University of Virginia Investment Management Company (UVIMCO)
- Carol Jeppesen, Head of US, Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Henry Lancaster, Director, HBCU Green Fund; and Trustee, Lincoln University (PA)
- Tamara Larsen, Partner, US ESG Investments Practice Leader, Mercer, and IC member, David Rockefeller Fund and Clara Lionel Foundation
- Yale Loh, Treasurer, University of British Columbia
- Jeff Mindlin, CIO, Arizona State University
- Kate Murtagh, Managing Director, Sustainable Investing and Chief Compliance Officer, Harvard Management Company
- Rachel Robascotti, Founder & CEO, Adasina Social Capital
- Chuck O'Reilly, CIO, University of Toronto Asset Management (UTAM)
- Andrew Tubman, Managing Director; Director, Endowments and Foundations Strategy, Wellington Management Company LLP
- Ariane de Vienne, Managing Director, Global Head of Asset Owner Strategy, Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS)
- Lindsey White, Director of Programs, CREO
- Sarah Wilson, Managing Director, Head of ESG Integration, Nuveen
- Victoria-Mei Zummo, Governance, Compliance & ESG Analyst, McGill University
Net Zero Portfolios are an effective and powerful way for investors to reduce risks associated with climate change and the transition to a low-carbon economy. They also accelerate corporate climate action to reduce systemic risk for all investors, protecting current and future generations from negative climate impacts.
More details about the Net Zero Endowments initiative can be found on IEN’s website.
MEDIA CONTACT: Georges Dyer ([email protected])
ABOUT THE INTENTIONAL ENDOWMENTS NETWORK
The Intentional Endowments Network (IEN) is a peer learning network of over 200+ asset owners, asset managers, consultants, OCIOs, and nonprofit partners. An initiative of the Crane Institute of Sustainability, IEN works to advance the field of sustainable investing and encourage endowments and institutional investors to allocate capital in a way that creates a low-carbon, equitable, and regenerative economy. It does so through in-person and virtual convenings, resource development, and partnerships. IEN’s premier convening, the Higher Education Leadership Summit, will be held in Coral Gables, FL at the University of Miami, February 5-7, 2023