Date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1pm EDT
Impact investing is drawing more attention from mainstream investors, as asset owners seek to align their investment approaches with their missions and new investment opportunities arise. In higher education institutions, the calls are particularly acute—as young people increasingly call on their school endowments to consider the impact their capital is having. But investors are also confused by all the terms in the market—ESG, responsible investing, impact investing, values investing, etc. Investors are demanding better definitions of what impact investing is—and stronger standards for making sure they can trust that investments labeled “impact” really have the positive social and environmental impacts they promise.
On this webinar, we discuss the following questions, as well as questions you submit in advance or during the conversation:
- What are the key differences between ESG and Impact Investing?
- How do you manage for impact vs aligning to ESG standards?
- How does Impact Investing link to the SDGs?
- What are the Operating Principles for Impact Management, and how can they help asset owners?
- Neil Gregory, Chief Thought Leadership Officer, International Finance Corporation, World Bank Group
- Moderator: Hannah Bowen, Network Manager, Intentional Endowments Network