GIVING TUESDAY For a Just Society!
Help us raise $25 000 to advance Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Endowments Investment Processes.
On #GivingTuesday, make a positive impact in support of IEN's JEDI initiative and operations by Making a donation today!
Online contributions are quick and easy through PayPal
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a national day of giving, established in 2012 as a way to begin the giving season and encourage people to give back to charity.
Learn more about our network efforts from IEN's Director of JEDI, Paris Prince and support our campaign during this holidays season!
Why should I Support IEN's Giving Tuesday Campaign?
Higher education institutions are pivotal actors with the power to drive systemic change. College and university endowment assets collectively total more than $821 billion. However, determining the proportion of those assets managed by diverse-owned firms remains a challenge. Your donation will help us provide educational opportunities to endowment decision-makers on investing with a DEI lens. Donations will also help us include more HBCUs/MSIs in the sustainable investing conversation and fund our operation needs.
How is my Giving Tuesday donation used?
Give to amplify the work being done at IEN today!
What do we do with your Giving Tuesday Donations?
IEN strive to center justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all of its initiatives. This year we've hired a Director of JEDI, Paris Prince to help integrate these principles, and since then we've been able to achieve the following:
- IEN has collaborated with GEM to publish an essay highlighting the essential role of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in investment decisions for AASHE’s 2022 Anthology.
- We hosted a three part series on Unconscious Bias in the Investment Industry to address the underrepresentation of ESG and diverse led asset management firms in the institutional marketplace during Black history month.
- We had 650+ higher Education professionals join us at our 2022 Summit to be inspired and learn how to prioritize issues like climate justice, allocating to diverse managers, and investing with a racial and gender equity lens.
- We also hosted a successful Climate Week event this fall with the open remarks of Derrick Johnson, CEO of the NAACP.
Here is what event attendees had to say about the Climate Week Event:
"I woke up this morning thinking what an inspiring roundtable event that was yesterday. Thank you to all at IEN for the hard work of organizing it. It was wonderful to network and learn from so many interesting and committed organizations and people.”
"Of all my Climate Week events, the IEN afternoon stood out as being a place where investors came together to work on hard issues. I have had many follow ups and really appreciate your leadership in putting together a format that encouraged real dialogue and action. I look forward to more work together."
Hitting our year end fundraising goal will help us build off this work and support more endowments in investing for an equitable, low-carbon, and regenerative society by:
- Growing our JEDI working group
- Engaging more diverse managers and minority-serving institutions in the Network
- Host a BIPOC/HBCU/Leaders of Color dinner at the 2023 Summit to build, strengthen and recognize BIPOC leadership in climate justice work
- Fund our operation needs
Give to advance Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Endowment Investment Process Today!
More Ways to Give
Want to support IEN but don't want to donate online?
Give by Mail
Mail your check to:
The Crane Institute of Sustainability, Inc.
P.O. Box 983
Andover, MA 01810
Checks made payable to The Crane Institute of Sustainability* can be mailed to P.O. Box 983 Andover, MA 01810, or contact business manager Noreen Marton to process a wire transfer.
Give Via Amazonsmile
- You can make a gift via Amazonsmile by adding The Crane Institute of Sustainability Inc to your amazon account. See instructions on how to do it here.
- By doing so the Crane Institute (IEN) will receives up to .5% on each eligible purchase