PRI Guidance on ESG Integration in Fixed Income
IEN Webinar: Green Bonds 101 l September 12, 2018
Asset Management Firms
- Breckinridge Capital Advisors - investment advisor specializing in investment-grade fixed income portfolio management with a commitment to ESG and sustainability.
- Brown Advisory – investment firm with sustainability focused portfolios, portfolio screening, and tailored impact portfolios.
- Calvert Investments – investment management company with SRI products and services for institutional investors.
- Community Capital Management - specializes in managing environmental, social and governance (ESG)/impact investing and fossil fuel free portfolios.
Community Loan Funds and Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs)
Community Loan funds and Community Development Finance Institutions offer endowments cash or fixed income like investments that have a positive impact on the surrounding community. They have a risk/return profile that can make investments suitable for the fixed income or cash portfolio dependent on the tenor of the note or CD. When used as a cash investment, endowments may want to consider laddering investments as the loans made generally have a 1 - 10 year tenor and these investments cannot be sold on the public market.
- CDFI Locator
- Higher Education’s Anchor Mission: Measuring Place-Based Engagement l Democracy Collaborative, 2017
- Place-Based Investing for Resilient Rural Development | Croatan Institute, 2016
- CDFIs Stepping into the Breach: An Impact Evaluation—Summary Report l Michael E. Swack, University of New Hampshire, 2014
- Place-Based Investing: Creating Sustainable Returns and Strong Communities l Democracy Collaborative
- Expanding the Market for Community Investment In the United States l US SIF, July 2013