Select Research on ESG Integration and Financial Outcomes
- Paper on financial performance of ESG integration in US investing | Principles for Responsible Investment, February 2018
- IEN's Briefing Paper: The Business Case for ESG | Intentional Endowments Network, 2016
- Why and How Investors Use ESG Information: Evidence from a Global Survey l SSRN, March, 2017
- ESG and Financial Performance: Aggregated Evidence From More Than 2000 Empirical Studies l Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, December 2015
- Graduating from ESG to Systems: Scenarios for Investors | Money Management Institute and The Investment Integration Project (October 2020)
Integrating ESG Factors Across the Endowment Portfolio - By Asset Class
Integrating ESG Factors Across the Endowment Portfolio - Partial Lists of Available Investment Products
The network has created a non-comprehensive list of sustainable investment products in each asset class that (1) incorporate ESG factors, (2) apply exclusions or (3) focus on a specific impact. Each asset class category below is linked to a spreadsheet that provides firm name, product name, strategy description, investment minimum, vehicle types, expense ratio and availability for several dozens of investment products as well as links to the firm website where you can learn more. The investment options are provided as a beginning point in the diligence process not the end. It is meant to introduce potential investment products to endowment professionals and their advisors to help better align the endowment with the institution's mission.
🔐IEN's List of Sustainable Investment Products (member-only resource)
USSIF, The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment, also provides information on mutual funds and ETFs as well as separate account managers.