The Intentional Endowments Network's "Engaging Investment Managers on Proxy Voting & Other Forms of Shareholder Engagement" document outlines potential questions for investment managers on their proxy voting and other shareholder engagement activities around ESG. To signal your endowment’s commitment to sustainability, your institution can share a list of questions, such as the one provided below, with both managers and advisors. Sharing your questions and interest in writing at the beginning of the dialogue will allow your managers and advisors an opportunity to prepare for an informed conversation on engagement.
Click here to access the "Engaging Investment Managers on Proxy Voting & Other Forms of Shareholder Engagement" document.
Thanks to the following IEN members for their input and feedback during the development of this document:
- Sarah Cleveland, Principal, Sarah Cleveland Consulting
- Alice DonnaSelva, Investment Consultant, Prime Buchholz
- Keith L. Johnson, Chairman, Reinhart Boarner Van Deuren
- Tom Mitchell, Managing Director, Cambridge Associates
- Jameela Pedicini, Director, Asset Management, Perella Weinberg Partners