Learn about the leadership opportunities and benefits of IEN Membership below, and see the list of current members on our Members Page.
The Intentional Endowments Network (IEN) is a non-profit peer-learning network that aims to support the development of intentionally designed endowments – that enhance financial performance while aligning with institutional mission, values, and sustainability goals. IEN helps colleges, universities, foundations, and other mission-driven organizations find the most strategic, effective, and feasible ways to approach endowment investing in the context of 21st century sustainability challenges. It provides a tangible opportunity to demonstrate leadership in creating a healthy, just and sustainable society.
IEN is a member-driven venue for learning with experts and peers, sharing knowledge and resources, and exploring opportunities for collaboration – all in the interest of helping endowments stay up-to-speed with the complex and dynamic trends related to investment management and sustainability. It is not a professional association (designed around a central organization) or a coalition (with a centrally organized campaign). IEN facilitates connections with experts and peers to support administrators and trustees in enhancing their institutions’ approach to sustainable investment and addressing stakeholders’ concerns.
We invite you to join this informative and exciting conversation by becoming a member of the Intentional Endowments Network today. It is a tangible way to demonstrate and advance your leadership in moving society on a healthy, just and sustainable path.
Benefits of Being a Contributing Member Include:
For endowments, foundations and other non-profit organizations:
- Recognition on the IEN website as a sustainability leader by participating in these conversations and supporting the network
- Right to use the logo and identify as a member of the Network
- Discounts to Forums and other in-person events
- Free access to webinars
- Free access to curated library of reports and resources
- Free access to members-only resources and events
- Inclusion in the IEN listserv(s)
- Facilitated connection with peers at other institutions and sustainable investing experts
- Opportunities to distribute white papers including thought leadership pieces to members
For investment firms and corporations:
- The above benefits
- First right to sponsor events at discounted rates
- Access to members-only events (or parts of events)
Annual network dues are necessary to supplement foundation grants, corporate donations, and fee-for-service income to support a small team that coordinates the network’s activities:
Endowment membership rates:
- Less than $100 million in endowment assets: $750 per year (AASHE/ACUPCC members: $500)
- $100 million - $1 billion: $1,250 per year (AASHE/ACUPCC: $1,000)
- More than $1 billion: $1,750 per year (AASHE/ACUPCC: $1,500)
Business membership rates:
- Less than $2 billion of assets under management (AUM) or revenues less than $20M: $1,000 per year
- $2 billion - $10 billion AUM or revenues between $20M-$100M:: $2,500 per year
- More than $10 billion AUM or revenues more than $100M: $5,000 per year
- Non-profit organizations without endowments: $750 per year
- Sole-proprietors and individuals: $500 per year
Leadership Level recognition:
- Members that voluntarily contribute higher levels to support the network will receive special recognition as leadership level supporters ($5,000+ for endowments and $7,500+ for companies).
To see a list of active members, visit the Members Page.
To learn more about membership benefits and rates, or to join as a contributing member, contact Jacqui Smith at email@example.com.
Alternatively, fill out this form and an associate will contact you.