Learn about the leadership opportunities and benefits of joining the Network below, and see the list of current members on the Member List Page.
The Intentional Endowments Network (IEN) is a professional learning and exchange platform for endowment fiduciaries and their financial advisors to navigate the complex and dynamic trends related to investing for long-term financial, environmental, and social success. The Network’s resources and insights are focused on the unique characteristics that all endowments share: a long-term investment horizon with short-term spending requirements , diverse and wide-ranging stakeholders, and a responsibility to intergenerational equity.
Members of IEN gain access to peer-to-peer networking, relevant research, and constructive dialogue in a neutral platform without feeling pressure or expectation to take a stance on a particular course of action. With support from the Network, our members find profitable investment solutions that fit their particular culture and constituency. IEN events are distinctively designed to capitalize on the power of collective knowledge and generate authentic conversations in lieu of one-sided presentations that leave little time for interaction amongst participants.
We invite you to advance your leadership in moving society on a healthy, just and sustainable path by joining this impactful Network of more than 160 members.
Increased Brand Visibility and Leadership Recognition: opportunity to distribute white papers, industry reports, and multimedia content; unique member profile page highlighting your role among pioneers in mission-aligned, sustainable investing.
Professional Development resources: access to IEN's full suite of resources: Roadmap for Intentionally Designed Endowments, case studies and endowment snapshots showing what peer institutions are doing in this space, and Database of sustainable investment strategies.
Sponsorship opportunities and events: in-person and online networking through close conversations with institutional investors in “anti-conference” roundtable discussions. Member discounts to IEN and partner events, including workshops, roundtables, and annual Higher Education Climate Summit.
Discounted rates to IEN and partner events.
News & Learning Opportunities: access to timely and relevant updates and learning opportunities: monthly webinars with industry experts, Weekly News Roundup of curated news and opportunities to take action, and Quarterly Newsletter with original content, expert interviews, and endowment spotlights.
Peer Networking & Learning: facilitated dialogue with peers at other institutions and sustainable investing experts, and the ability to connect with experts and peers in the field, upon request and by participating in Working Groups.
Exclusive Member Networking Resources: our members have the freedom to connect with a diversity of stakeholders via a members-only directory and facilitated community conversations, honoring the core values of our community which is founded on a no-sell zone atmosphere.
- Advisory services: subsidized rates for bespoke advisory engagements and opportunities to engage IEN staff and experts from the membership for customized services for Boards, investment committees, staff and other community members.
Annual network dues are necessary to supplement foundation grants, corporate donations, and fee-for-service income to support a small team that coordinates the network’s activities:
Endowment & Foundations:
$750 per year — Less than $100 million in endowment assets
- discounted rate for AASHE members and Second Nature Presidents' Climate Leadership Commitment (PCLC) signatories: $500
$1,250 per year — $100 million to $1 billion in endowment assets
- AASHE/PCLC discount: $1,000
$1,750 per year — More than $1 billion in endowment assets
- AASHE/PCLC discount: $1,500
- $1,000 per year — Less than $2 billion of assets under management (AUM) or revenues less than $20M
- $2,500 per year — $2 billion to $10 billion AUM or revenues between $20M to $100M
- $5,000 per year — More than $10 billion AUM or revenues more than $100M
- $750 per year — Non-profit organizations without endowments
- $500 per year — Sole-proprietors and individuals
Leadership Level recognition:
- Members that voluntarily contribute higher levels to support the network receive special recognition as leadership level supporters ($5,000+ for endowments and $7,500+ for companies).
To learn more about membership benefits and rates, or to join as a contributing member, contact Erina McWilliam-Lopez at email@example.com.
To pay network dues directly online, visit the membership payment page.
Why Endowments Join IEN
California State University System's Story