The Intentional Endowment Network's (IEN) new resource, titled "IEN Toolkit: How to Start and Run a Student-Managed SRI Fund", was designed to aid in the creation of new student-managed funds, expand current student-managed funds, and increase the number of funds that include SRI strategies in the investment process.
Student-managed funds promote student leadership, advance education and real-world training, and enhance the ability of all graduates to drive sustainability solutions throughout their careers. Student consultations on sustainable investing to the institution’s endowment based on student-managed fund performance are increasingly common, benefiting both students by providing practice and experiential education, as well as endowments by providing research and new ideas. This toolkit highlights the different ways student-managed funds can be designed, as well as the growing interest in how new and existing funds address sustainability factors in the investment process.
Click here to access the "IEN Toolkit: How to Start and Run a Student-Managed SRI Fund" (pdf).
Development of this white paper was a collective effort of members of the Intentional Endowments Network and others in the field. The following people played critical roles in the research, writing, and review of this document:
- Skyler Chin, Intern, Intentional Endowments Network and Student, Yale University
- Georges Dyer, Principal, Intentional Endowments Network
- Nicole Harman, Program Manager, Intentional Endowments Network
- Asli Ascioglu, Professor of Finance & Coordinator of Archway Investment Fund, Bryant University
- Kaustubh Bansal, Student & President of NUImpact, Northeastern University
- Cecilia Chapiro, Student & Chair of the Wagner Impact Investing Network, New York University
- Loretta Gallegos, Associate Director of Experiential Learning, Center for Social Innovation at The Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- Russell Heller, Student & Co-Chair of Dwight Hall SRI Fund, Yale University
- Sara Minard, Executive Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Northeastern University
- Gabe Rissman, Former Student & Co-Chair of Dwight Hall SRI Fund, Yale University