Endowment Value: $30.8 billion (June 2018)
The University of Texas System is comprised of 14 institutions. About 228,000 students attend the various institutions. The entire system's endowment is the third largest educational endowment in the United States. The University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company (UTIMCO) manages the endowment which is overseen by the UT Board of Regents.
The University of Texas System issued the first Texan green bond in January 2016: $206 million with proceeds financing green buildings.
The University of Texas System is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS: Yes, University of Texas at Arlington (Silver), University of Texas at Austin (Silver), University of Texas at El Paso (Bronze), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (Gold), and University of Texas San Antonio.
- ACUPCC: No
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee for Investor Responsibility: No
- Divestment Goal: No
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: No
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No