Villanova University is a Roman Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Order of Saint Augustine in 1842. It has an endowment of $551 million.
In 2007 Father Donohue signed the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment, vowing that Villanova would achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. To achieve this, Villanova will invest in improving campus infrastructure efficiency, as well as purchase carbon offsets and renewable energy for the energy required to run campus operations. In April 2014, Father Peter signed the St. Francis Pledge, committing the University to protect God's Creation and advocate on behalf of people in poverty who face the hardest impacts of global climate change.
Villanova University is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- IEN Member (2016)
- AASHE STARS: Yes, Silver
- ACUPCC: Yes, Climate Neutral by 2050
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee on Investor Responsibility: No
- Divestment Goal: No
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: Yes
- Sustainable Investment Policy: No
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No
Other Sustainable Investing Practices