How do you ensure that corporations are taking actions that align with their public support of the racial justice?
How do you move companies toward net zero emissions making them more environmentally and financially sustainable?
IEN is convening and supporting endowments to bring asset owner pressure to the companies they own to improve disclosure on climate risk and inequality, reduce GHG emissions, adopt science-based targets, and enact anti-discrimination strategies for gender and racial equity.
We are partnering with the following organizations to advance racial equity and a net zero economy through engagement:
- As You Sow
- Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
- Majority Action
- Thirty Percent Coalition
- Ceres- and PRI-led Climate Action 100+
- The Shareholder Commons
Higher Education Endowment Signatories to the 2020 Belonging Pledge:
The 2020 Belonging Pledge is a commitment to discuss racial equity at the next investment committee meeting and to continue to advance the work thereafter.
- Arizona State University Enterprise Partners
- Pratt Institute
- Warrem Wilson College
Sampling of IEN's Shareholder Engagement activities:
Organizing Comment Letters to Oppose SEC changes to Rule 14A-8 which limit shareholder rights (2019-2020)
- Investor Letters (ongoing)
Shareholder Engagement Resources
- Equity in the Boardroom: How Asset Manager Voting Shaped Corporate Action on Racial Justice in 2020
- What is shareholder engagement?
- Join our shareholder engagement working group.