How do you ensure that corporations are taking actions that align with their public commitments to racial justice and emissions reductions?
IEN is convening and supporting endowments to leverage their position as asset owners to put pressure on the companies in their investment portfolio. Potential areas of engagement include improving disclosure on climate risk and inequality, reducing GHG emissions, adopting science-based targets, and enacting anti-discrimination strategies for gender and racial equity.
- 2022 Investor Sign-On Statements and Proxy Resolutions and Voting Guides
- Vote Your Proxies in Line With Your ESG Values
Shareholder Engagement Resources
- What is Shareholder Engagement? l Intentional Endowments Network
- Briefing Paper: Warren Wilson College, Impacting How Companies Do Business l Intentional Endowments Network (2022)
- Active Ownership in the Endowment: Warren Wilson College Case Study l Intentional Endowments Network (2020)
- Equity in the Boardroom: How Asset Manager Voting Shaped Corporate Action on Racial Justice in 2020 l Majority Action
We partner with the following organizations to advance racial equity and a net zero economy through engagement.
- As You Sow
- Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
- Majority Action
- Thirty Percent Coalition
- Ceres- and PRI-led Climate Action 100+
- The Shareholder Commons