The Climate Action Pursuit was a year long virtual convening led by Second Nature and IEN to support the process of learning, planning and acting on climate and justice on our campuses, in our communities, and across our society and economy. We brought people together during four milestones in February, June, October and December for flexible virtual programming to equip participants with the tools and resources necessary to help them move forward over the year on their climate goals.
2021 Climate Action Pursuit Experience
The Pursuit brought people together during four milestones for flexible virtual programming (see engagement opportunities below) that equipped participants with the tools and resources necessary to help them move forward during 2021 with their climate goals. Milestone check-ins took place at four points in the year. During each milestone, a compelling agenda of virtual programming – a mix of live and recorded/on-demand – and networking was scheduled over 2-3 days per milestones over the course of the year.
February 24-26, 2021 | June 10-11, 2021 | October 7-8, 2021 | December 9-10, 2021
Recorded Sessions from the Pursuit
- Keynote Conversation: NAACP & Climate Justice
- Keynote: The Truth About the Roots of the Climate Crisis and the Path Forward
- Shifting Power Dynamics to Center Grassroots Movements in Decision Making
- Keynote Conversation: Leah Stokes and Nikayla Jefferson
Endowments & Net Zero Sessions
- What the New Administration Means for Higher Ed, Climate Action, and Sustainable Investing
- Active Ownership in the Endowment:
Warren Wilson College
- Carbon Neutrality: Maximum Ambition for Aligning Campus, Endowment, and Community Commitments
- Pursuing Climate Justice Through Climate Action: Perspectives across North American Universities
- COP26 Recap & Reflections for the Higher Education Sector
- Avoiding Greenwashing: Identifying True Integration in Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Investing
DEIJ, Sustainable Retirement and Student Engagement Sessions
- Racial Equity Investing - Creating Your Own Best Practices
- Racial Equity Investing 101: No Justice, No Peace Without Prison
- A New Social Contract between Students and Higher Ed Institutions
- What Do Retirement Plan Sponsors Need to Know About Sustainability?
- How Students Can Impact Corporate Behavior Through Engagement
- Community Investing through CDFIs
Climation Action Pursuit speakers
Over 800 professionals across our networks – in higher education, finance, climate solutions, nonprofits, and government – responded together to build more inclusive, sustainable, and thriving campuses and communities.
February Milestone Speakers
June Milestone Speakers
October Milestone Speakers
December Milestone Speakers
More information about the Pursuit available on Second Nature's page.