Endowment Value: $30.9 billion (June 2019)
The University of Texas System includes 14 institutions. About 228,000 students attend the various institutions. The system's endowment is the third-largest educational endowment in the United States. The University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company (UTIMCO) manages the endowment, which is overseen by the UT Board of Regents.
The University of Texas System issued the first Texan green bond in January 2016. The proceeds from the bond finance the construction of environmentally-friendly buildings.
Students at the University of Texas founded the Sustainability Investment Group, a student-managed ESG fund. Both students and faculty members work together to invest responsibly and to educate others about socially responsible investing.
The University of Texas System is a participant or member of the following Initiatives & Commitments:
- AASHE STARS:
- ACUPCC: No
- Billion Dollar Green Challenge: No
- CDP: No
- Committee for Investor Responsibility:
- Divestment Goal: No
- INCR: No
- Montreal Carbon Pledge: No
- Sustainable Investment Fund: Yes (University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at El Paso)
- Sustainable Investment Policy: Yes
- Principles for Responsible Investment: No